Buspar and Xanax drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Buspar and Xanax together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Buspar and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,112 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,112 people who take Buspar, Xanax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Buspar and Xanax?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBuspar and Xanax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 14,381 users)
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 91,861 users)
Interactions between Buspar and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Buspar and Xanaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Buspar is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have HIT and am considering taking Buspar. Can you tell me the pros and cons of this medication in conjunction with histamine issues?
- Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
- i was taking 0.5 xanax and now blue xanax 1.0 just take half one and made my heart race and have felt sick for 2 days anybody else have this happen
- I took my xanax,opana er and dicflinac sodium 75 mg. My daughtet had to call 911 ..i wad having a severe allergic reaction
- I have been on Buspar 5 mg twice daily for almost 2 weeks and it has helped but I'm still having moments of anxiety and my doc has said I can increase to 7.5 mg twice a day but I'm apprehensive that is could make the anxiety worse. I welcome any feedback. Thanks!
User reviews to the study
- I am glad I found this group. I have had some very bad side effects for the past 6 month. I had to go the ER 5 times in March and April. I get very dehydrated, shaky. involuntary muscle movement also slurred speaks and have trouble remembering what I am going. I think it is a medicine withdral ...
- I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...
- Hi my name is Bernie I have had for strokes and then I started getting Tia I've had about 80 of them and they won't stop and I've been tested for seizures and they aren't seizures and the doctors just don't know what they are and then I found this website so I'm kind of glad to find you people ...
- Tapering off,doing 2mg a day atm,any advise how to stop sweating especially from the head/face?Thanks
- I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. For over 10 years I have taken a 25mg Zoloft daily for panic attacks and anxiety and for approximately 3 years I have taken .125mg alprazolam occasionally for anxiety.