Campral and Lamictal drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Campral and Lamictal together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Campral and Lamictal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 29, 2017
30 people who take Campral, Lamictal are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Campral and Lamictal?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCampral and Lamictal from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Campral has active ingredients of acamprosate calcium. It is often used in alcoholism. (latest outcomes from Campral 801 users)
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 58,385 users)
Interactions between Campral and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lamictal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Campral and Lamictala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Campral (acamprosate calcium) is often used to treat alcoholism. Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Campral is used in:
- Lamictal is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My 46 year old daughter has been taking theses meds in combination for a few months. We've had to put her in a long term facility because of the severe side effects. Will this be permanent? Her Doctors won't give us info because she is in no shape mentally to sign papers giving permission to share.
- Looks like there is already a similar group. Did you send me email about my entry? Also I joined just before my comment. Suzanne Spears
- Is it safe to mix cannabis and campral together? Campral is meant to help with alcohol cravings.
- Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
- I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi. I'm 83 years old. have been taking Lamictal (250 mg/day) for about 6-7 years for peripheral neuropathy, both feet. Effectiveness is now minimal. Neurologist suggests I start taking Lyrica. He says I can wait 3 weeks (when I see him again) before titrating the lamictal down. anyone done ...
- I've taken Lamictal/Lamitragine for about 15 years. I've had chronic fatigue syndrome for 4+ years. I have no idea if they're related.
- I am on lamictal 100 mg for bipolar. My appetite has increased and I've gained 7 pounds. I recently started taking adipex. When I mentioned this to my physiatrist she immediately told me to stop cause it would counteract with each other. Is anyone taking lamictal and adipex and if so, how's it ...
- I have been taking Lamotrogine for many years now, along with Epilim Chrono, but have only recently developed a very intense feeling of thanatophobia. It seems counterintuitive, but it has become so bad that I have had suicidal thoughts, purely so that I don't have to live in a state of ...
- Hi 6 years ago, I was diagnoised with Encephalitis it all nearly killed me. At the time, just before I had a severe UTI and was on antibiotics. Since then I have had temperolobe absent seizures around 3-7 times a week, generally in a batch over a couple of days. I am taking a large does ...