Carafate and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Carafate and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Carafate and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1 person who the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
1 person who takes Carafate, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Carafate and Alcohol?
Carafate has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Carafate 7,556 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,419 users)
Interactions between Carafate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Carafate and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Carafate (sucralfate) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat alcoholism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Carafate is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
- can intake antabuse & also sleep aids cause any problem?
- I was having excruciating pain in upper arms, shoulders and hips. The doctor ordered a prednisone pak for 13 days, not seeing or talking to me the entire 13 days. Later it was determined that I had trigeminy of the heart, hernia just above the esophagus and stomach ulcers. All side effects of ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I often have episodes of dysphagia after drinking too much. I have been a moderate to heavy drinker for over 20 years. I worry about Barrett's Esophagus. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
- whenever i drink i yawn uncontrollably and i don't know why. i don't would like to understand the reason why but can't find answers. please help me it would be very appreciated. thank you. :)
- Just started on Tamsulosin 400mm today, the urge to pee has reduced drastically in just two hrs, is this normal?
- Hi everyone. I had an endoscopy last week and my doc gave me carafate to take. I have taken it years before without any problems. Now I have this God awful metallic taste in my mouth. Does it go away???
- had gerd for several years exacerbated in last few months been living on tums gaviscon carafate dexilant. Now had at least 20 kidney stones. all things considered feel there is a correlation also on vitamin d 3 supplement.