Carafate and Nexium drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Carafate and Nexium together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Carafate and Nexium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,145 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 02, 2017
1,145 people who take Carafate, Nexium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Carafate and Nexium?
Carafate has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Carafate 7,556 users)
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 125,070 users)
Interactions between Carafate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Nexium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Carafate and Nexiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Carafate (sucralfate) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Carafate is used in:
- Nexium is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?
- iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
- I have taken Nexium for over 10 years due to a Hiatal Hernia. Can't fix it without surgery. Luckily I am not having any side effects from the drug. I just wonder why I can't seem to lose weight easily. I eat a ketogenic diet and should be losing a little weight. I'm at 120 but would like to be ...
- Hot flashes any time of day. Cold hands and feet. Arthritis in hands feet. Joint discomfort
- Lower back pain with stress fractures in spine.woke up one morning &could not walk. Spent 1month in rehab.am in constant pain. Use a walker Will prolia help protect my bones.
You may be interested in these reviews
- Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
- I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)
- I just realised that maybe my elevated triglyceride levels could have something to do with nexium. I have scleroderma and take 40mg X 2 daily and consider my diet healthy and am in the healthy weight range so much as concerned about why...
- I have had mild acid reflux for about 6 months. I have quit drinking orange juice straight. It is now 50/50 with water. I started taking Nexium just last Saturday and have blood in the stool. Why does Nexium cause that? Thank you. RLN
- I've been on nexium for over a month and have been experiencing itching at times on my hands, feet, torso. It comes and goes. It's not been bad but it is disconcerting. I've also been experiencing swollen lips? Any comments?