Cefixime and Levofloxacin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Cefixime and Levofloxacin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Cefixime and Levofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
14 people who take Cefixime, Levofloxacin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Cefixime and Levofloxacin?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCefixime and Levofloxacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cefixime has active ingredients of cefixime. (latest outcomes from Cefixime 754 users)
Levofloxacin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levofloxacin 9,418 users)
Interactions between Cefixime and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Levofloxacin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Cefixime and Levofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Cefixime (cefixime) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Levofloxacin (levofloxacin) is often used to treat pneumonia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking Sertaline for 20 years now. This week I was prescribed Levofloxacin for a Diverticulitis condition diagnosed on Monday. I chose not to take the Sertaline for the up to ten day stretch on this, new to me, medicine. I take Sertraline for an anxiety problem. I do not wish to add ...
- I have had iga nephropathy for 4 years and recently had a decrease in GFR fro a stable 35 for 2 years to 12 after taking levofloxacin for 4 days. It has only returned to 20 after 2 months. Has anyone else had this experience and doped it improve anymore with time? Thank you.
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking levofloxacin recently for a urinary tract infection and noticed I had gout. This is happening in a period I am avoiding alcohol, soda, fish and other foods that I know that increase Uric acid levels. I had to search the web and found this group.
- Hi. I had pancreatitis on the 10 the day of my treatment. I am referring to my round of levofloxacin. Since then I have been on a low fat diet with no pancreatitis since Feb 4 ,2017. However, my stomach is all messed up and I have stomach aches often with bouts of constipation and gastritis. I ...
- I have Gout and I have been taking levofloxacin for 6 when the worst gout flared up hit me. Normally I take colchicine once and the flare up goes away. But this time it has lasted 3days so far and I've taken the colchicine everyday but it only reduce the flare , it's not going away.
- Was just diagnosed with costochondritis last night at er. Taking levofloxacin for pneumonia my second round. Spent 4 days in the hospital the first time given levofloxacin every day interveinasly and 500 MG pills for one week after. Then the pneumonia came back so back on that crappie again for ...
- I have taken cefixime & mefenamic acid for the respiratory tract infection after which my symptoms starts to appear along with the peeling of skin. Now shifted to burn ward... Condition is serious....