Celexa and Ibuprofen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Celexa and Ibuprofen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Celexa and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,192 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 07, 2017
1,192 people who take Celexa, Ibuprofen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Celexa and Ibuprofen?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 42,659 users)
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,681 users)
Interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Celexa and Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Celexa is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi. I just joined and am thinking of taking turmeric for arthritis and degeneratic disc disease. I am on 40 mg of Celexa per day. Is anyone on the same dosage taking turmeric? Any side effects?
- i had severe attack of pancreatius requiring a 3 day hospital stay.
- Can stopping celexa suddenly cause pulmonary embolism?
- I recently received a false posative hair stat with grave consequences. I was hoping someone could help
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- HI I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome for one year. I am trying to find the cause and the possibility of it ending...I took Ibuprofren for at least a month while I was having dental work, I had a rough root canal and a tooth pulled...after the root canal I started taking ...
- I have been taking tegretol for about seven months and celexa only for about 2. I've never joined a group like this but it would be great to hear from people taking the same med combo.
- Anyone experience terrible morning anxiety on 20 mg on Celexa. I have taken for 8 weeks and this is the worst side effect ever!
- I have severed swollen upper eyelids worse in the morning. Anyone feel ibuprofen could be responsible?
- Hi, I've been taking celexa for more than 15 years. 7 years ago I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. I thought it was due to my mother having it. It may be due to the celexa. What have you done to help reverse your osteoporosis? Please help.