Celexa and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Celexa and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Celexa and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 206 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 22, 2017
206 people who take Celexa, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Celexa and Mucinex?
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 42,659 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 12,636 users)
Interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Celexa and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Celexa is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi. I just joined and am thinking of taking turmeric for arthritis and degeneratic disc disease. I am on 40 mg of Celexa per day. Is anyone on the same dosage taking turmeric? Any side effects?
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- i had severe attack of pancreatius requiring a 3 day hospital stay.
- Can stopping celexa suddenly cause pulmonary embolism?
- I recently received a false posative hair stat with grave consequences. I was hoping someone could help
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been taking tegretol for about seven months and celexa only for about 2. I've never joined a group like this but it would be great to hear from people taking the same med combo.
- Anyone experience terrible morning anxiety on 20 mg on Celexa. I have taken for 8 weeks and this is the worst side effect ever!
- Hi, I've been taking celexa for more than 15 years. 7 years ago I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. I thought it was due to my mother having it. It may be due to the celexa. What have you done to help reverse your osteoporosis? Please help.
- I had very high liver enzymes on a recent physical and the only OTC I have been taking is Mucinex for allergies.
- I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...