Chantix and Spiriva drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Chantix and Spiriva together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Chantix and Spiriva. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,680 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
1,680 people who take Chantix, Spiriva are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Chantix and Spiriva?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeChantix and Spiriva from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,602 users)
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 101,241 users)
Interactions between Chantix and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Spiriva and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Chantix and Spirivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Chantix (varenicline tartrate) is often used to treat quit smoking. Spiriva (tiotropium bromide monohydrate) is often used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Chantix is used in:
- Spiriva is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
- COPD recent diagnosis, Sleep Apnea - diagnosed about 8 yrs ago- use CPAP nightly, nasal allergies, recent back injury, 2 rotator cuff surgeries in the last 10 yrs, about 30 lbs. overweight, history of heart palpitations and arrithmias
- I come from an obese family but maintained a healthy 135 LBs for over 70 years UNTIL I started taking Spiriva. I maintain between 1000 and 1200 cal. a day mostly fruit and veggies. have just tipped the scales at 160 after 11 months on Spiriva. any help out there?
- On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
- Had anyone taken 75milgram of Venlafaxine and Chantix together and if so did you have any side affects?
User reviews to the study
- Has anyone ever had a bad reactions from taking 5-htp and chantix? I'm about to start both tomorrow. Jim
- Wondering if chantix can cause me, a normally health 47 year old female with no diseases or disorders, to go into liver failure?
- Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.
- Been on Ambien for a few years, as it helps with rotating shifts. Starting Chantix on Monday, wish me luck.
- I am on Spiriva and Aspirin. Hado severe retention in Jan. Catheter for 3 weeks. See Urologist this Sat