Cipro and Coumadin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Cipro and Coumadin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Cipro and Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 28, 2017
95 people who take Cipro, Coumadin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Cipro and Coumadin?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCipro and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,053 users)
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Coumadin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Cipro and Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Cipro is used in:
- Coumadin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...
- I have been taking warfarin for DVT for 9 years and was diagnosed with a type 1 chiari malformation back in August 2016, what are the complications if the 2 together?
- I'm wanting to know how bad it is for me to take Melatonin while on blood thinners. And how badly it would effect my INR levels.
User reviews to the study
- Hello! My father 79 years old took ciprofloxacin about 1,5 years ago for urinary infection reason and after the first pills he started feeling Bradykinesia, instability etc. He was just checked by neurologist and he informed us that he has parkinsonism syndrom. Please inform me if the specified ...
- I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...
- have been experiencing a severe burning and itchy skin sensation with one of my prescriptions, coumadin. has anyone had a similar problem with coumadin?
- Was diagnosed with sever divaticulitis after a cat scan for pain. Wanted to know if coumadin was a cause. I am new to this group and any help or information on what to do. Thank you Bill
- I was put on Cipro back in December 2016 for a UTI, diagnosed at the ER as I thought I had another kidney stone. Within a week I developed ringing in the ears. I saw my PA and she informed me that Cipro could cause the ringing and it may or may not go away. My experience is that it is not going ...