Claritin and Allegra drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Claritin and Allegra together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Claritin and Allegra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,263 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 27, 2017
1,263 people who take Claritin, Allegra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Claritin and Allegra?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeClaritin and Allegra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Claritin 44,834 users)
Allegra has active ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Allegra 44,467 users)
Interactions between Claritin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Allegra and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Claritin and Allegraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Claritin (loratadine) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Claritin is used in:
- Allegra is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- 1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
- I am a 60 year old male with COPD and had Atrial fib until the ablation 3 months ago. Immediately after the ablation, I felt like Superman with no arrhythmia and very moderate COPD that was stable. This past month, I developed Atrial flutter, the 3 medicines they have attempted with me; ...
- Tremors, eye twitching, hypotension, cognitive problems, poor sleep, pill rolling,
- AFTER I TOOK ONE TAB OF THIS DRUG I EXPERIENCED SEVERE VERTIGO/NAUSEA AND STILL AM EXPERIENCING IT MORE THAN TWO DAYS LATER, ALTHOUGH NOT AS SEVERE.
User reviews to the study
- My tongue was burning for several months but I did not know why. I have been off Allegra for 3 weeks and it went away. Today I took one and my tongue is burning. No more for me.
- I have been taking Claritin for over 10 years on and off and I have just started developing a rash on my face. I am not sure but I am beginning to believe it is from the Claritin. But not positive. It's mostly on my chin and a little between my eyes. Anyone else have the same problem ?
- I have been talking Claritin for a few weeks. All of a sudden I have this burning pain in my mouth. I have never had this before and am wondering if it could be the Claritin that is causing it. I have tree pollen allergies in the spring . I took it last year and had no side effects. Please ...
- Wondering if this affect can happen after one use? I was given Allegra and a saline nasal solution (deep sea) for my blocked sinuses due to a bad cold. From what I've read, most people who lose taste on Allegra have taken it a month or more. Is it possible with just one 180mg capsule?
- I had the weight loss surgery duodenal switch on Feb 20, 2003. I have a lot of nutrient deficiencies from that as well as having thyroid disease and gerd. I am looking to get healthy!