Coumadin and Neurontin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Coumadin and Neurontin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Coumadin and Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,318 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 07, 2017
3,318 people who take Coumadin, Neurontin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Coumadin and Neurontin?
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 107,316 users)
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 81,106 users)
Interactions between Coumadin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Neurontin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Coumadin and Neurontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
- Neurontin is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
- I have been taking warfarin for DVT for 9 years and was diagnosed with a type 1 chiari malformation back in August 2016, what are the complications if the 2 together?
- Does anyone else experience not only muscle spasms from Marijuana but also muscle stiffness and pain after the Marijuana wears off?
- It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...
- i had severe attack of pancreatius requiring a 3 day hospital stay.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...
- have been experiencing a severe burning and itchy skin sensation with one of my prescriptions, coumadin. has anyone had a similar problem with coumadin?
- I was talking cinnamon and neuronin. I ended up having no neuronin in my system. I was in serious pain. I stopped taking the cinnamon and I have been feeling better. I had to start at the lowest dose. I was taking 800mg 3x a day. I am now taking 300mg 3x day. It's helping but it doesn't get rid ...
- Was diagnosed with sever divaticulitis after a cat scan for pain. Wanted to know if coumadin was a cause. I am new to this group and any help or information on what to do. Thank you Bill
- I started taking Neurotin a month or so ago and now I have Eustachian Tube problems. My left ear pops some but it doesn't clear the clogged muffled feeling, like under water. In the past I took the time relief a few years and discontinued it once it wasn't needed anymore. Should I ...