Crestor and Glumetza drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Crestor and Glumetza together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Crestor and Glumetza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 87 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 30, 2017
87 people who take Crestor, Glumetza are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Crestor and Glumetza?
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 97,846 users)
Glumetza has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glumetza 879 users)
Interactions between Crestor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Glumetza and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Crestor and Glumetzaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Glumetza (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Crestor is used in:
- Glumetza is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I take 20 milligrams of crestor. I have stiffness in knees, my fingers lock and have a rash all over my body. It's been suggested that I might a form of myositis due to crestor
- After taking Crestor I was stricken with severe pain, finally after two years I was diagnosed the rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis or psa.
- I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
- Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
- Broke out in a rash several mos. after taking the drugs. Stopped taking the fenofibrate & rash started to dissipate. Doc said it can't be due to drugs as the reaction would have happened immediately. Began drug again yesterday & rash has become worse again. Now adding prednisone for rash.
You may be interested in these reviews
- have been experiencing a severe burning and itchy skin sensation with one of my prescriptions, crestor. has anyone had a similar problem with crestor?
- I have been on Crestor for about 2 years. My lipase level were elevated. They did CT of Abdomen and all came back normal. I hear Crestor can raise this, but doc seems to seem it didn't
- Hello, I'm on a vegan diet. I take a generic Crestor. I'm wondering if I can take Turmeric Curcumin.
- Been on Crestor (Rosuvastatin) for 10+ years. When it became available as a generic, my insurance switched me from Crestor ($$$) to generic ($). Since the change I've wondered whether increased frequency of loose bowel syndrom may have been seen by others similarly taking generics since they ...
- Hi. I'm new to Crestor since February 2017. Both parents are deceased due to heart related issues. Blood work revealed high levels of cholesterol therefore as a preventative measure, I have been prescribed 20mg daily of crestor. Asthma symptoms appeared almost immediately. Hubby says I sound ...