Delsym and Sudafed drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Delsym and Sudafed together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Delsym and Sudafed. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
22 people who take Delsym, Sudafed are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Delsym and Sudafed?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDelsym and Sudafed from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Delsym has active ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Delsym 2,536 users)
Sudafed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in nasal congestion. (latest outcomes from Sudafed 8,167 users)
Interactions between Delsym and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Sudafed and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Delsym and Sudafeda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex) is often used to treat cough. Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) is often used to treat sinus congestion. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Delsym is used in:
- Sudafed is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- A loved one has been diagnosed with CHF and what we have come to know is with an elevated blood pressure, there is an increase in coughing. Dialysis is done 3x a week to remove any fluid buildup and fluids are carefully watched throughout the day. I was wondering if taking Delsym was ever ...
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
- I was told by a pharmysist that regular delsym and trazodone is safe to take together???
User reviews to the study
- I have laryngitis and cough so husband brought home bottle of Delsym......I followed directions and also shook before opening.......within just a few minutes heart pound........husband drove me to St Marks Instacare Hospital here in Taylorsville Hospital.....pulse rate was 158....they did all ...
- just started taking Lipitor 5 days ago, however in the past i have taken sudafed only when needed, if there a sighteffect that is bad, like it would send me to the hospital I am talking about 1/2 a tablet of a 120mg sudafed.
- I have a cold and want to take pseudephedrine for a few days. I currently take Azilect daily. What kind of interaction might I expect? Phenylephrine is ineffective.
- I have a sinus infection and my dr prescribed ipatropium bromide nasal spray because I have controlled high blood pressure and he didn't want me to take sudafed which has always helped in the past. I am trying to find out if it is safe to take sudafed for a few days with the nasal spray.
- I had a sinus infection and took sudafed as directed for 2 1/2 days. On the 3rd day I developed a rash on the top half of my body. I took Benadryl and slept it off and woke up the next morning with hives all over my body.