Depakote er and Keppra drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Depakote er and Keppra together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Depakote er and Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 112 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 16, 2017
112 people who take Depakote er, Keppra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Depakote er and Keppra?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepakote er and Keppra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depakote er has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote er 4,723 users)
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 40,439 users)
Interactions between Depakote er and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Keppra and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Depakote er and Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Depakote er (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Depakote er is used in:
- Keppra is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
- I have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life!
- Hi, I'm interested in hearing if any has problems using Keppra and HUSK (psyllium) together and how do you take them? I want to take HUSK to improve my digestion, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
- Hair is falling out. Looks and feels like straw. What do you do? I am tempted to cut a lot of it off.
User reviews to the study
- I am trying to wean off depakote and go onto lyrica for pain. Initially 14 years ago I was put on depakote for being diagnosed with bipolar.....though I have only ever had on long episode. I suffer with chronic pain so I am trying Lyrica (which seems to be really helping my pain) and go slowly ...
- 4/27/17 first seizure..grand mal 5/5/17. Started keppra 500mg BID 5/10/17. MRI showed something on brain 5/22/17 4 partial seizures Keppra increased to 750mg BID 5/2317. 6 partial seizures 5/24/17 2 partial seizure... admitted to hospital told was a tumor over motor cord given 1500 mg ...
- I have been on anti convulsants since the age oh 19. I am now 67 and have had issues with arthritis, fibromyalgia and what I believe movie gut be peripheral neuropathy for a long time. My quality of life has been significantly changed as a result.
- My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
- I recentaly started antivert and been on depicote for a while would antivert and depicote make you extreamly dizzy