Depakote and Olanzapine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Depakote and Olanzapine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Depakote and Olanzapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 617 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
617 people who take Depakote, Olanzapine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Depakote and Olanzapine?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepakote and Olanzapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 41,206 users)
Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Olanzapine 22,722 users)
Interactions between Depakote and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Olanzapine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Depakote and Olanzapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Olanzapine (olanzapine) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Depakote is used in:
- Olanzapine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking 2.5mg Olanzapine for 6 weeks for Borderline Personality Disorder added to 100mg Trazodone I was already taking. At first it made me feel a lot better. Improved mood swings and thoughts of cutting myself and suicide. But in the past 1 or 2 weeks the thoughts of self harm have ...
- Hey there ehealth! I'm William, and I do take Restoral & Depakote. I'm a brain cancer Survivor. Had a Left Temperal Lobe Malignant tumor, about the size of a "tennis ball!" 2 separate surgeries ('06 & '08), & 1 round of TA Radiation therapy ('09). I've been in remission since 2009, yet I ...
- LT Depakote. Within Seven days of Nitrofurantoin. Get only short periods of regular energy. Stay in bed or on sofa most of time.
- Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
- My grandson is 12. He started taking depakote 4 months ago. He has been having blue bowels, all of a sudden, and vomiting, along with severe stomach cramps. Is this happening with anyone else? if so, what needs to be done?
User reviews to the study
- My top teeth have crumbled in the year I've taken Depakote. I was drinking coke but they have never decayed this fast before. I already had one pulled and about to loose two more.
- On Divalproex for headaches And the other for facial spasms. Have not been told what I have may be myasthenia gravis or blepharospasm .
- I have an open CPS case and have not done any drugs other than my psych meds prescribed to me. I have a no contact order with my children bc I showed up positive. I was eager to get my results back only to show up for cocaine. I take generics, perphenazine for trilafon, dexmethylphenidate for ...
- At a complete loss. Recently took a hair follicle test for work and it came back as positive for cocaine! So got fired. Haven't used any cocaine since 1984. I take Depakote for bipolar disorder but nothing else. I'm a 60 year old make and don't even drink or smoke. Anyone with similar ...
- Flabbergasted. Recently took a hair follicle test for work and tested positive for cocaine. I'm a 60 year old male who has been clean and sober for 8 years. As to cocaine, haven't used any since 1984! Marijuana was always drug of choice. I've no idea how to clear this up. Anyone have a similar ...