Diflucan and Valtrex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Diflucan and Valtrex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Diflucan and Valtrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 783 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
783 people who take Diflucan, Valtrex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Diflucan and Valtrex?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiflucan and Valtrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Diflucan has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Diflucan 21,703 users)
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,984 users)
Interactions between Diflucan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Valtrex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Diflucan and Valtrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Diflucan (fluconazole) is often used to treat fungal infection. Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride) is often used to treat herpes zoster. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Diflucan is used in:
- Valtrex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Is burning Sensation a rare side effect of Valtrex? I have been taking everyday for years.
- I'm a 15 post liver transplant female taking Rapamune and now have shingles. My PCP prescribed Valtrex and capsaicin, what are the drug interactions, and can the two lead to liver or renal failure.
- In 2003 I had unprotected sex with a lady , very second day found lesion on penos globe . Intially it was diagnosed as herpes but afterwards it was diagnose as fungal infection. Niw it recurrent every after 6 months or year. Itchy groin and some times tonsils . I fill some virus have adaptes in ...
- I've had gastric bypass surgery about 12 years ago. I take Protonix everyday along with OTC vitamins. Currently, I'm recovering from Pneumonia and I have a prescription for Diflucan to prevent yeast issues that anti-biotics can cause. I would like to know if these 3 drugs cause bad ...
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling after taking Valtrex
User reviews to the study
- I was prescribed both meds and I ended up in the Emergency room twice. I passed out in a grocery store & at physical therapy. I have to see a cardiologist because my hart rate is very high. Is There anything I need to watch out for?
- I have end stage renal disease and was prescribed a dose of valtrex to fight a shingles/herpes outbreak. The dose prescribed was 1 gram 3x per day. I was only able to follow the prescription for 3.5 days as my kidney function caused the valtrex to build up in my system. I became psychotic and ...
- I was just diagnosed with Trigeminal neuralgia. The doctor put me on a 7 day count of predisone and valacyclovir hcl 1(which I guess is Valtrex). Is it normal to get alittle bit of diarrhea and sleepy on these? I am only a mild case right now of this Trigeminal Neuralgia and want to go the right ...
- I have an ongoing eye infection a Herpes type and as a result every now and again ?I have to take Valacyclovir. Before Christmas I was involved in a RTA and broke my leg. The upshot of that was a I now have a DVT in my right leg. The break has almost healed but I'm left with a rather ...
- Hi I'm rich c 49 and am taking 500 ml of valtrex 2x daily and I'm thinking of taking turmeric for joint pain I'd like to know what symptoms you all may have come across? Thank you