Dilantin and Atarax drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Dilantin and Atarax together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Dilantin and Atarax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 30, 2017
11 people who take Dilantin, Atarax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Dilantin and Atarax?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDilantin and Atarax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in generalized tonic-clonic seizure. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 5,893 users)
Atarax has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Atarax 15,473 users)
Interactions between Dilantin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Atarax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Dilantin and Ataraxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Dilantin (phenytoin) is often used to treat convulsion. Atarax (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Dilantin is used in:
- Atarax is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse what can I use as a supplement to dilantin? I've been reading about taurine and how it can be substituted .5 to 1 dilantin. Is this true and either way what else can be a dilantin substitute? My seizures are due to head trauma from a car accident when I ...
- Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
- Taking lamictal for silent seizures or sudden rush of memory! anyone else with the memory rushes!
- My dad has been on Dilantin since '74. has not had a seizure in over forty years. Im concerned about what being on dilantin all the years might be needless.The dr. RX Protonix to support healing of the gerd because he suffers very bad acid reflex that is so painful it causes him to think he is ...
- I have taken Atarax for about 1 week and see very little improvement. Does anyone have additional useful information?
User reviews to the study
- I have symptoms of Epstein Barr and I have taken Dilantin for 20 years. I have been very stressed in the past 6 months due to being in the sandwich generation. I have two kids, one in college and living at home, the other applying for colleges. My father in law is in a nursing home and has ...
- Ive had grand mals since i was,6.Started getting copd over 10 years agonoow severe,hadcancer in 2014 ruined chance of transplant.on oxyjen 24 7 .Beenon ventilator4x at hospital have trouble doing anything physical now..worried pone of these days not going to wake after seizzure.
- My name is Robert,had tonic clonic seizures since i was 6 now63.Have had copd over10 years,now severe.Had cancer in 2014 ,ruined chances of transplant.Been on ventilator4x at hospital.Lungs bad ,worried about future seizures and lungs getting so bad.convultions last 2 3 minutes,might not wake ...
- I also have Epilepsy. If anyone else out there also has Epilepsy, please email me back so that we can compare notes.
- I have been on this combination Dilantin and Xarelto for over a year I have had episodes of blacking out am I alone. robert