Dilantin and Depakote drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Dilantin and Depakote together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Dilantin and Depakote. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 212 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 29, 2017
212 people who take Dilantin, Depakote are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Dilantin and Depakote?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDilantin and Depakote from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in generalized tonic-clonic seizure. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 5,893 users)
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 41,205 users)
Interactions between Dilantin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Depakote and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Dilantin and Depakotea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Dilantin (phenytoin) is often used to treat convulsion. Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Dilantin is used in:
- Depakote is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hey there ehealth! I'm William, and I do take Restoral & Depakote. I'm a brain cancer Survivor. Had a Left Temperal Lobe Malignant tumor, about the size of a "tennis ball!" 2 separate surgeries ('06 & '08), & 1 round of TA Radiation therapy ('09). I've been in remission since 2009, yet I ...
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse what can I use as a supplement to dilantin? I've been reading about taurine and how it can be substituted .5 to 1 dilantin. Is this true and either way what else can be a dilantin substitute? My seizures are due to head trauma from a car accident when I ...
- LT Depakote. Within Seven days of Nitrofurantoin. Get only short periods of regular energy. Stay in bed or on sofa most of time.
- My dad has been on Dilantin since '74. has not had a seizure in over forty years. Im concerned about what being on dilantin all the years might be needless.The dr. RX Protonix to support healing of the gerd because he suffers very bad acid reflex that is so painful it causes him to think he is ...
- My grandson is 12. He started taking depakote 4 months ago. He has been having blue bowels, all of a sudden, and vomiting, along with severe stomach cramps. Is this happening with anyone else? if so, what needs to be done?
User reviews to the study
- My top teeth have crumbled in the year I've taken Depakote. I was drinking coke but they have never decayed this fast before. I already had one pulled and about to loose two more.
- I have symptoms of Epstein Barr and I have taken Dilantin for 20 years. I have been very stressed in the past 6 months due to being in the sandwich generation. I have two kids, one in college and living at home, the other applying for colleges. My father in law is in a nursing home and has ...
- On Divalproex for headaches And the other for facial spasms. Have not been told what I have may be myasthenia gravis or blepharospasm .
- I have an open CPS case and have not done any drugs other than my psych meds prescribed to me. I have a no contact order with my children bc I showed up positive. I was eager to get my results back only to show up for cocaine. I take generics, perphenazine for trilafon, dexmethylphenidate for ...
- At a complete loss. Recently took a hair follicle test for work and it came back as positive for cocaine! So got fired. Haven't used any cocaine since 1984. I take Depakote for bipolar disorder but nothing else. I'm a 60 year old make and don't even drink or smoke. Anyone with similar ...