Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 08, 2017
9 people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, Dimenhydrinate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinate?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 4,913 users)
Dimenhydrinate has active ingredients of dimenhydrinate. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Dimenhydrinate 1,398 users)
Interactions between Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Dimenhydrinate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Dimenhydrinatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat insomnia. Dimenhydrinate (dimenhydrinate) is often used to treat nausea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride is used in:
- Dimenhydrinate is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking benedryl quite often for sometime now. I'm now having sx of hypothyroid. And my bloodwork levels were slightly pointing to hypo. I'm going to stop taking benedryl. Has anyone ever had sx and then upon stopping the benedryl, the sx of hypothyroidism went away? I'm a young 38, ...
- had vivid hallucinations and lucid dreaming event. question is was this intensified by alcohol use?
- What happens if anything bad if you combine diphenhydramine hcl containing alcohol with depakote?
User reviews to the study
- Hi. I have been taking diphenhydramine to sleep for several years now. I recently started having auditory hallucinations. Has this happened to anyone else? If it has, will it go away?
- In the five years that I've been taking diphenhydramine as a sleep aid I've gained 80 pounds. Now that I've finally realized the source I'm trying to move away from it without dooming myself to more sleep deprivation.
- I have not yet started taking Benadryl but am taking azelastine HCI nasal spray and am still experiencing coughing spasms and excess phlegm due to post nasal drip. Anyone with similar issue?
- I was prescribed with dimenhydrinate for my morning sickness (during my 1st trimester of pregnancy). Currently my baby has unilateral hearing loss. Note that we don't have any history of hearing loss in the family.
- I have recently been diagnosed with 'Iron Overload', after I had a 3 month long case of bronchitis, (I don't smoke), and I felt fatigued. My bloodtest only pointed to 'Iron Overload'. I have taken allergy and sleep medicines frequently, for the last several years. I have severe allergies, and ...