Effexor xr and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Effexor xr and Grapefruit together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Effexor xr and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in False. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 27,743 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 170 users)
On Jan, 26, 2017
12 people who take Effexor Xr, Grapefruit are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
- rash erythematous
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
- blood lactate dehydrogenase increased
- chest pain
- food interaction
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- food interaction
- salivary hypersecretion
- heart rate irregular
- urinary tract infection
- abnormal behaviour
- activities of daily living impaired
- adverse drug reaction
- back injury
- back pain
- bipolar disorder
- chest pain
- confusional state
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Effexor xr and Grapefruit?
Interactions between Effexor xr and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Effexor xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Effexor xr is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
- have been taking Effexor xr for 14 yrs now,at the same time I started to get lichen planus.......is this possible?
- Effexor Lawsuit Forming- I'm looking for people to join with me to form a lawsuit to sue the drug company, Pfizer, that is the maker of the drug. I am working with someone who is knowledgeable about doing this, and is already moving forward with a suit for Seroquil. If you have developed a ...
- My son takes 100 mg of lamictal at night... does this have an effect on your thyroid.. He had a blood work up and they thyroid came up hyperthryroid
- I've done therapy for years. I did a 'Partial Hospitalization Program' that was different groups all day for 8 weeks. I did the DBT group.
You may be interested in these reviews
- hi. having gas issues and trying to pin it down . just decides to come as it pleases and without warning. no smell just noise. anyone have this issue? i ruled out dairy. no other changes in diet noted.
- I have been taking venlafaxine hydrochloride 37.5mg for about 1.5 years. Psoriasis happened around the same time.
- I have ostearthritis and am taking Effexor (75mg/day) and Nabumetone. I have been on it for approximately 2 months and can see that my pain has decreased. Is anyone else using this combination of drugs for osteoarthritis? If so, have you noticed a pain decrease or any severe side effects?
- I started venlafaxine 37.5 for hot flashes. Took for two months the n increased dose to 75 mg as hot flashes came back. I developed very sore leg muscles. Feels like I did a hard workout when I wake up and my muscles are sore all day. I went ack down to 37.5 to see if the soreness goes away ...
- My name is Ellen and I have had iron deficiency anemia diagnosed months ago and iron supplements have not bee effective. My doctor is having me tested for the cause. My psychiatrist just told me that both the Zoloft I was taking and now Effexor can be a possible cause.