Effexor and Abilify drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Effexor and Abilify together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Effexor and Abilify. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,350 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
2,350 people who take Effexor, Abilify are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Effexor and Abilify?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEffexor and Abilify from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 75,051 users)
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 57,730 users)
Interactions between Effexor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Abilify and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Effexor and Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Abilify (aripiprazole) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Effexor is used in:
- Abilify is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- 26 yr old woman breastfeeding taking effexor. Will lumps develop in breasts?
- My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just ...
- Has anyone had trouble with taking Vyvanse and Venlafaxine together because I went to the hospital a few months ago I was on 60 mg Vyvanse and 225 mg of venlafaxine and the paramedics thought I was taking the synthetic drug and I wasn't I had came to a point where I couldn't say anything I could ...
- Is anyone started taking ability and lev for depression not thyroid
- I am not on any other meds except some vitamin pills
User reviews to the study
- Hi.I am 18 suffer from bipolar disorder.I am taking venlafaxine for 1,5 month and risperidone for 4 days.I have muscle spasms.My main problem is stammering.
- I am just wondering if my sjogren'S is from taking effexor and if the reason why my Thyroid tests fluctuate is from the two
- Is there any way to stop Abilify hiccups, or do I just have to wait a few months for them to go away?
- I first took Abilify in August of 2014. I stopped after taking it for several weeks as it didn't take away the musical hallucination that I am experiencing. I restarted taking it again on December 24, 2016. My heart rate is 112 pulse per minute now. I am very concerned. The psychiatrist who ...
- Ive taken Venlafaxine for approx. 3-4 years now and for the last 3 years I sometimes struggle driving for more than an hour. this never used to affect me but sometimes I get a tiredness that comes on in my eyes where I find it harder and harder to keep focus on the road and feel like im about ...