Elavil and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Elavil and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Elavil and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
21 people who take Elavil, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Elavil and Alcohol?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeElavil and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,225 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Interactions between Elavil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Elavil and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat suicide attempt. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Elavil is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- how long for Elavil to clear my system after stopping it?
- I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
- Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
- I want to get off of Elavil, I have been taking it 100mg every night for sleep for over 10 years. How long do I have to wait for it to get out of my system before I start taking Gaba?
- Can Xyrem cause Progressive supranuclear Palsy symptoms? i.e parkinsonism And temporal lobe epilepsy
User reviews to the study
- I've had a 2-3 beers after lidocaine injections at the dentist's for about 50 years and have never had a reaction of any kind.
- I often have episodes of dysphagia after drinking too much. I have been a moderate to heavy drinker for over 20 years. I worry about Barrett's Esophagus. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
- whenever i drink i yawn uncontrollably and i don't know why. i don't would like to understand the reason why but can't find answers. please help me it would be very appreciated. thank you. :)
- I started amitriptyline 10 days ago for neuropathy and have had excessive sweating and hot flushes--does it lessen over time?
- Just started on Tamsulosin 400mm today, the urge to pee has reduced drastically in just two hrs, is this normal?