Elavil and Ambien drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Elavil and Ambien together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Elavil and Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,053 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 26, 2017
1,053 people who take Elavil, Ambien are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Elavil and Ambien?
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 14,990 users)
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 67,038 users)
Interactions between Elavil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ambien and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Elavil and Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Elavil is used in:
- Ambien is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I want to get off of Elavil, I have been taking it 100mg every night for sleep for over 10 years. How long do I have to wait for it to get out of my system before I start taking Gaba?
- Has anyone read about or experienced a reduction in effectiveness of Ambien\zolpidem if taken at night at the same time as natural desiccated thyroid?
- I have been taking an Ambien for 10 years for pelvic pain . I am no longer allowed to take it is Is there anything else besides that helps?
- Can Xyrem cause Progressive supranuclear Palsy symptoms? i.e parkinsonism And temporal lobe epilepsy
- I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- After a few weeks od taking Ambian, my heart started racing after i took it so back to square 1, cant sleep any suggestions?
- Been on Ambien for a few years, as it helps with rotating shifts. Starting Chantix on Monday, wish me luck.
- I have been taking 12.5 mg Ambien CR for 6 years 2 or 3 times per week and then for about 10 or 11 months every night. About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in both feet and it has become worse since. In the past 2 months or so I have tried to get off Ambien by cutting ...
- I have been taking ambin for a year or so and now I have tinnitus think my tinnitus is due to my ncek as I d hhave dic broblem so not sure goigntot ENT tomorrow.
- Since taking ambien off and on, mostly on now for over a few years, I have heard some weird chirping like sounds and some ringing in my ears!