Elmiron and Elavil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Elmiron and Elavil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Elmiron and Elavil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 137 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 27, 2017
137 people who take Elmiron, Elavil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Elmiron and Elavil?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeElmiron and Elavil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,400 users)
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,225 users)
Interactions between Elmiron and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Elavil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Elmiron and Elavila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Elmiron (pentosan polysulfate sodium) is often used to treat cystitis interstitial. Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Elmiron is used in:
- Elavil is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
- I want to get off of Elavil, I have been taking it 100mg every night for sleep for over 10 years. How long do I have to wait for it to get out of my system before I start taking Gaba?
- Can Xyrem cause Progressive supranuclear Palsy symptoms? i.e parkinsonism And temporal lobe epilepsy
- How effective is this medication and how soon can I expect to have it to be effective. And what expect using this medication.
- is chronic bladder pain worsened by migraine medications ie maxalt?
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Elmiron for 3 weeks now and I have such severe joint /muscle pain. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia long before IC but never in my life felt like this. The pain is head to toe.
- I started amitriptyline 10 days ago for neuropathy and have had excessive sweating and hot flushes--does it lessen over time?
- Hi! I just started taking this medication today. It's Wednesday and over the weekend I made a horrendous move clearing out a house I inherited. I also will be receiving 2 new dogs (rescue) in about a week. I know I have an enormous amount on my plate but my mind is doing flip flops. I just can't ...
- On Levoquin for bronchitis and on 2nd night develped severe plantar facitis and extremely stiff neck. It has kep me awake because the pain is so bad. Today is day 3 and IM nervous to even take it.
- Hi, I'm Mike, I'm 66 and need to do something about right hip and knee. As a horse trainer I've used pentosan injections on my horses for years with good results - was wondering if there's an official way for me to get it for myself.