Excedrin and Benzonatate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Excedrin and Benzonatate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Excedrin and Benzonatate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
19 people who take Excedrin, Benzonatate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Excedrin and Benzonatate?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExcedrin and Benzonatate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Excedrin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in headache. (latest outcomes from Excedrin 12,724 users)
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 4,647 users)
Interactions between Excedrin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benzonatate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Excedrin and Benzonatatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine) is often used to treat migraine. Benzonatate (benzonatate) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Excedrin is used in:
- Benzonatate is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Last night I took excedrine migraine with flagyl, I woke up a couple hours later with severe abdominal pain, vomiting, a worsened headache, severe nausea, dizziness, vertigo, and I also couldn't walk straight, I was wobbly. It was also hard for me to stay awake. Biggest mistake of my life, I ...
- I have a Nocardia infection, atelectasis, and chronic cough. Is it safe to take benzonatate for the cough? Will it make the atelectasis worse?
User reviews to the study
- Hi, my name is Jennifer. My ears started ringing over 2 years ago, while I was on Naltrexone. I stopped taking it over a year ago, but the ringing has gotten worse. The only other thing I take religiously, is Excedrin. Any thoughts or suggestions?! Thank you 😊
- Just started taking Benzonatate yesterday after doing in for lingering cough after acute bronchitis. After a couple doses noticed breathing was more difficult and coughing worse. Almost feels like I am taking in a breath but not getting in air if that makes sense. Up most of night, only thing ...
- i am a female, 68 years old, and have taken 2 -3 Excedrin every day since i was in my 20's. Terrible rebound headahes if i do not take Excedrin. Has anyone else taken Excedrin for this length of time?
- Excedrin not only cause's bad ear pain and swollen ears it also causes hearing problems on one side of my head it also causes confusion at times and numbness as well. I need to stop taking it however, not that easy because of bad headaches that happen when I try to stop.
- Yes I started taking the Benzonatate100mg tablets and after a week I have started having numbness in my left arm and feels like my face on the right side drawls down! Can this medicine make these side effects?