Fioricet and Benzonatate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fioricet and Benzonatate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fioricet and Benzonatate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
23 people who take Fioricet, Benzonatate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Fioricet and Benzonatate?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFioricet and Benzonatate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fioricet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; butalbital; caffeine. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Fioricet 7,287 users)
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 4,647 users)
Interactions between Fioricet and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benzonatate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fioricet and Benzonatatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fioricet (acetaminophen; butalbital; caffeine) is often used to treat migraine. Benzonatate (benzonatate) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fioricet is used in:
- Benzonatate is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- How long does a hallucination from Fioricet typically last? My 15 year old daughter was prescribed this for her migraines. She's on no other meds and has only taken Fioricet a few times and never more than once over a couple weeks until this week. This week she took one on Monday and had to ...
- I was recently prescribed fioricet for my migraine that has lasted for three days by the ER doctor. I am now getting either a metal taste or a the taste of the saline that they put in my arm while I was there! Is this normal??! I don't know what to do.
- Just want to know if u can catch uti by taking this medication
- Have a constant cough with this viral infection - cough til almost throw up. need relief - would dexamethasone (and I have 4 mg tablet that I cut into 4 pieces) 1 piece is enough for me. Can I take that with 2 hrs. of taking a fioricet
- It took the doctors years to diagnose me with lupus. I have always had low platelets. *Cannot take aspirin; or anti-inflammatories: I take pain medications for bulging disks; migraines frequently; and have had (5)five infusions of IVIG. Now I will be trying this new drug, called "Promacta." ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
- Just started taking Benzonatate yesterday after doing in for lingering cough after acute bronchitis. After a couple doses noticed breathing was more difficult and coughing worse. Almost feels like I am taking in a breath but not getting in air if that makes sense. Up most of night, only thing ...
- I am tired even with Provigil. I also take Fioricet with no codeine. I have memory issues now. Can I trapper off of these and get better; more energy and clear headed? I have adverse effects with the Provigil and I want ot go nap. I have to work already. Please help. Take Provigil due to CFS ...
- I have been taking Fiorcet for 2yrs ..One at night..It relaxes me and helps me sleep. My kidney function has gone down a lot. Can anyone relate to this ? Please let me know. I just found out and am so worried. thankyou for listening to me. Vicki
- Yes I started taking the Benzonatate100mg tablets and after a week I have started having numbness in my left arm and feels like my face on the right side drawls down! Can this medicine make these side effects?