Fish oil and Simvastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fish oil and Simvastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fish oil and Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,731 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
4,731 people who take Fish oil, Simvastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Fish oil and Simvastatin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFish oil and Simvastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Fish oil 56,017 users)
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Interactions between Fish oil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fish oil and Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fish oil (fish oil) is often used to treat supplementation therapy. Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fish oil is used in:
- Simvastatin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take 300 mg of milk thistle once a day at noon and take simvastatin 10 mg once a day in evening at about 10 pm
- I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
- Has anyone experienced shaking leg while taking Simvastatin?
- 9.7 % eosinophils blood percentage (relative) Have gerd and ibs and I take cholesterol med and metoprolol from heart...worried about elevated wbc
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia if you are taking simvastatin ? Thank you
User reviews to the study
- I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
- I been taking simvastatin 40 mg for aprox 3 yrs. Have very bad ear ringing. It seems as if i am loosing my hearing . I cant hear people tgat yalk in low piych tone of voice.
- I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...
- Was on lovastatin and woke up one day with a speak delay. Had tests ran indicated that I didn't have a stroke or bleeding on the brain. Still am having trouble speaking. Does anyone know how long this will last?
- Glad I found this group. I actually didn't think there was a link with my anemia and Simi until recently. I'll be happy to find out what people have to say and are doing about it as my blood pressure has gone up a lot recently too and I'm looking for nutrition based ways to sort of counteract ...