Flagyl and Ativan drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Flagyl and Ativan together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flagyl and Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 744 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 12, 2017
744 people who take Flagyl, Ativan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Flagyl and Ativan?
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Flagyl 15,992 users)
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 49,451 users)
Interactions between Flagyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ativan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Flagyl and Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flagyl is used in:
- Ativan is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Any ides what I should be taking for the combination of symptoms I am having with CMT, anxiety,and mycloic seizures - been prescribed zopiclone and ativan but not working. Any ideas what meds work?
- when i start falling asleep i feel like im dreaming and awake at the same time. I feel like i;m thrashing and something is holding me down. This started when i began taking the antabuse with the amitriptyline. I wake up very early and am exhausted. Iwonder if this is a bad combination
- Scan shows I have an incomplete abortion Ihave been given the above drugs I want to know if the above drugs can be taken together.
- Dizziness, tired, bad thoughts, tired, can't sleep more than a few hours.
- Took flagyl by mouth 400mg 3xday, began to have tiny air bubbles escaping from urethra, as well as urine leakage. It all started with the flagyl.
You may be interested in these reviews
- Having surgery and two days now blood sugar is 40 taking flagyl and cipro for abscess infection. I was not told that both medications will cause these side effects.
- My mother suffers with gastroparysis and has been on Ativan for over 10 yrs..she is addicted to Ativan and her symptoms are getting worse . Is there a corrolation between the two
- Have been on Ativan for many years. Just a small dosage but had varicose vein surgery which has left me with a dry tongue problem. Still taking the Ativan but stopped all other medication. Am wondering now if it is the Ativan causing this problem?
- I was told several years that I am a Long QT carrier. But, lately I've had some issues thstvsentvme to the Dr. Found out it was a few meds that I was taking thstvwas causing my problems ( Claritin, Benadryl, etc. am in the process of elimination of meds I can and can not take. I take 1/2 ...
- Hi. I have been on lorazepam for anxiety for over 25 years. Doing well . No problems with the drug. My cholesterol is high..240 mg I do not take anticholesterol drugs. Just the doctor prescribed Omega 3 in fish oil capsules