Flagyl and Doxycycline drug interactions - from FDA reports
There is no drug interactions reported by people who take Flagyl and Doxycycline together yet. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flagyl and Doxycycline. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 26, 2017
No report is found.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Flagyl and Doxycycline?
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Flagyl 15,992 users)
Doxycycline has active ingredients of doxycycline. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Doxycycline 117 users)
Interactions between Flagyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Doxycycline and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Flagyl and Doxycyclinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Doxycycline (doxycycline) is often used to treat rosacea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Anyone that maybe had bad experience with taking Doxycyl 100mg.
- So I was prescribed doxy hyclate 100 mg to be taken every 12 hours for 7 days. I have had horrible stomach pain and vomiting since starting it and I'm only on my 3rd dose. Should I call my Dr or should I just ride it out? I'm not sure if it's serious or I'm just overreacting.
- Curious about other people's experience of the interaction between doxycycline and Ritalin
- I have been suggested Doxycline for 5 days (2 per day) before my frozen embryo transfer. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis - hypothyroidism and I take 125 mg of synthroid per day. Currently my TSH is 0.41. Would taking the above dosage of Doxycycline increase my TSH level?
- I was prescribed 100mg doxycycline tablets for acne, and it makes me throw up 10-15 minutes after taking it. I tried to eat food with it to lessen stomach upset like it suggests, but if I eat with it I get a headache. The pill has dissolved in my esophagus before and caused it to be chemically ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hii i am diagnosed with herpes and i fear to have chlmydia or and gonorrhea so i want to start taking famvir and doxycycline together.
- Having surgery and two days now blood sugar is 40 taking flagyl and cipro for abscess infection. I was not told that both medications will cause these side effects.
- I just started Doxy and ortho tricyclen. I don't know if the two drugs will interfere with each other and I can't find a solid answer anywhere!
- My symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis started just 3 days after finishing a course of Flagyl and I believe I may be actually suffering from serum sickness from the drug. Wondering if confirming that would change the course of treatment that I am receiving for RA or not. And how would I be tested ...
- Just found this group after receiving thorough blood tests. The only thing flagged was creatinine 1.14 and EGFR 52. I am a 60 year old white female who has taken doxycycline for Rosacea. I only take it now when there is a flare-up but have taken it for several years.