Flomax and Niacin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Flomax and Niacin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flomax and Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 149 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
149 people who take Flomax, Niacin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Flomax and Niacin?
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 31,445 users)
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,436 users)
Interactions between Flomax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Niacin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Flomax and Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) is often used to treat enlarged prostate. Niacin (niacin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flomax is used in:
- Niacin is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- TAMSULOSIN IS THE ONLY DRUG I TAKE. COULD THEY CAUSE MY EYE PAIN AS SIDE EFFECT.
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- Wondering if there is a connection. A recent blood test indicated my B12 level was low so I started taking supplements which seems to have helped
- Does anyone have acanthosis nigricans as a side effect of taking Flomax?
- flomax and protons feeling light headed although i may have cold or flu
You may be interested in these reviews
- I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...
- After taking Flomax for 2 months I started losing weight (at least 10 pounds). Also lose of appetite.
- I just had total knee replacement surgery and have been having atrial fibrillation, the first time I've been able to catch it on an EKG. I am 64 and have been taking Finasteride and Flomax for several years. I've just been put on elaquis and metoprolol. I've decided to go off the Finasteride and ...
- I have had a catheter inserted for six days and my urologist started me on Flomax. My urine has been clear to orange to reddish (blood?) Is this due to the Flomax?
- Been taking Flomax for 6 months, I am a male 71 years old. Last month I had an episode that I thought was a heart attack. I went to the emergency room and found out it was a extremely bad case of heartburn. All was normal and the symptoms went away with a hospital dose of Mylanta. I take my ...