Flomax and Niacin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Flomax and Niacin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flomax and Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 149 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
149 people who take Flomax, Niacin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Flomax and Niacin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlomax and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 32,389 users)
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Interactions between Flomax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Niacin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Flomax and Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) is often used to treat enlarged prostate. Niacin (niacin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flomax is used in:
- Niacin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Are there drugs to help with the incontinence, please?
- TAMSULOSIN IS THE ONLY DRUG I TAKE. COULD THEY CAUSE MY EYE PAIN AS SIDE EFFECT.
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- Wondering if there is a connection. A recent blood test indicated my B12 level was low so I started taking supplements which seems to have helped
- Does anyone have acanthosis nigricans as a side effect of taking Flomax?
User reviews to the study
- I took niacin crt 750 3 times a day with food to lower cholesterol for a month. Now i may have over done with shakey and loud heart beat. Stopped 2 weeks ago. Does it detox itself out?
- just started taking Nioxin cleanser, conditioner and scalp treatment along with minoxidil. May 2017. interested in what to expect good and / or bad.
- I was prescribed Flomax for years. I have experienced ED for years now following the use of that Rx. Are there non-medical remedies?
- I was prescribed Climax for years. I have experienced ED for years now following the use of that Rx. Are there non-medical remedies?
- I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...