Fluoxetine hydrochloride and Sudafed drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and Sudafed together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fluoxetine hydrochloride and Sudafed. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 10, 2017
23 people who take Fluoxetine hydrochloride, Sudafed are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Fluoxetine hydrochloride and Sudafed?
Fluoxetine hydrochloride has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine hydrochloride 5,788 users)
Sudafed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion. (latest outcomes from Sudafed 7,932 users)
Interactions between Fluoxetine hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Sudafed and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fluoxetine hydrochloride and Sudafeda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine hydrochloride (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) is often used to treat sinus congestion. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fluoxetine hydrochloride is used in:
- Sudafed is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
- I take 20mg fluoxetine daily and would like to take 1/4 tsp turmeric paste as a supplement, wondered if these can be taken safely together. Paste is made by adding water to ground turmeric, heating till thickened then add coconut oil and ground black pepper? Thanks Jacque
- I've been on Prozac for 23 years. I've had tinnitis for about that long. I'm healthier than ever now and I've already begun tapering off the AD. The tinnitis, though, is driving me crazy and I want to start taking GABA as soon as possible for the tinnitis. Will there be drug interactions ...
- Brain - my 60-aged mother has psychosis for about 40-year; my 23-aged uncle jumped to suicude in 1973; another uncle has introverted personality, silent / rare speaker; another 60-year uncle with sleeping difficulty for 10 years, sleep with music /radio . A 63-aged aunt has nerve weakness, ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I've stopped taking Lovan as my Psychiatrist says the drug will be out of my system after a month. I am still waiting for my supply of Garcinia Cambogia to arrive. When it does I will start to take it. I intend to take the drug along with my usual diet and exercise. If I have any nasty effects I ...
- just started taking Lipitor 5 days ago, however in the past i have taken sudafed only when needed, if there a sighteffect that is bad, like it would send me to the hospital I am talking about 1/2 a tablet of a 120mg sudafed.
- I have a cold and want to take pseudephedrine for a few days. I currently take Azilect daily. What kind of interaction might I expect? Phenylephrine is ineffective.
- Hi there. I have been taking Prozac since I996 when I was diagnosed with depression. Since then I have continued with a 20mg dose daily to control anxiety which has been fairly effective most of the time. About 4 months ago I was hospitalised with gastroenteritis and E coli poisoning. The ...
- I have a sinus infection and my dr prescribed ipatropium bromide nasal spray because I have controlled high blood pressure and he didn't want me to take sudafed which has always helped in the past. I am trying to find out if it is safe to take sudafed for a few days with the nasal spray.