Fluoxetine and Gabapentin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Fluoxetine and Gabapentin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fluoxetine and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,817 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 17, 2017
2,817 people who take Fluoxetine, Gabapentin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Fluoxetine and Gabapentin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluoxetine and Gabapentin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 47,968 users)
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 107,538 users)
Interactions between Fluoxetine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Gabapentin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Fluoxetine and Gabapentina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuropathy peripheral. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fluoxetine is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
- Hiiii, Is there anyone who try modafinil with fluoxetine HCl Plz share there experience with me and any problems that you have been experiencing ?? It might be very useful Thank you
- Hi, my name is Sabrina. I am 41 years old. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago when my surgeon diagnosed me with possible adenomiosis. While inside she chose to remove a mass (scar tissue) from my abdominal area right above my pubic bone. She says it was from a past C-section. She said after ...
- Burning Sensation halfway around my ches, just below my breast on the right side of my body. Feels not quite as painful as Shingles with no external or visible signs. My doctors can't tell me with any degree of certainty what the problem is, but keep me on these ineffective pain meds. ...
- I recently started gabapentin for nerve pain and fibromyalgia however have been taking plaquinel for years for arthritis. My question is, do I really need both? I have researched and found gabapentin can be used for many conditions including arthritis. I also know you don't have to ween off of ...
User reviews to the study
- I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
- I am recovering from breast cancer and have been taking fluoxetine for years and it has worked well for me, so they put me on tamoxifen and had to take me off and put me on anastrozole. I have very high anxiety and am very achy. Is this normal?
- I have been talking Gabapentine for four months, the hair loss was rapid, I have lost nearly all of my hair now.
- Have been on 400 mgs. of Gabapentin for two and a half months for head tremors. Three weeks ago noticed I wasn't feeling up to par. Had blood tests done and was told my iron count was down to 28 from 114 from six months ago. Am going to stop the Gabapentin. Never had a problem with my iron count ...
- I'm a 50 year old female been taking Gabapentin for about 3 years I was already on 60 mg of morphine twice a day and Lortab for breakthrough pain my pain management doctor quit and my insurance sent me to a new one who continued the same meds which seem to be working fine I've been taking pain ...