Gabapentin and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Gabapentin and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Gabapentin and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,625 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
1,625 people who take Gabapentin, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Gabapentin and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGabapentin and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 107,538 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,081 users)
Interactions between Gabapentin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Gabapentin and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuropathy peripheral. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gabapentin is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
- will there be an adverse affect of giving an agitated pt. Ritalin and Benadryl together
- Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
- Hi, my name is Sabrina. I am 41 years old. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago when my surgeon diagnosed me with possible adenomiosis. While inside she chose to remove a mass (scar tissue) from my abdominal area right above my pubic bone. She says it was from a past C-section. She said after ...
- Burning Sensation halfway around my ches, just below my breast on the right side of my body. Feels not quite as painful as Shingles with no external or visible signs. My doctors can't tell me with any degree of certainty what the problem is, but keep me on these ineffective pain meds. ...
User reviews to the study
- I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- I have been talking Gabapentine for four months, the hair loss was rapid, I have lost nearly all of my hair now.
- Have been on 400 mgs. of Gabapentin for two and a half months for head tremors. Three weeks ago noticed I wasn't feeling up to par. Had blood tests done and was told my iron count was down to 28 from 114 from six months ago. Am going to stop the Gabapentin. Never had a problem with my iron count ...
- I'm a 50 year old female been taking Gabapentin for about 3 years I was already on 60 mg of morphine twice a day and Lortab for breakthrough pain my pain management doctor quit and my insurance sent me to a new one who continued the same meds which seem to be working fine I've been taking pain ...