Gabapentin and Paxil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Gabapentin and Paxil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Gabapentin and Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,102 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
1,102 people who take Gabapentin, Paxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Gabapentin and Paxil?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGabapentin and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 107,538 users)
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Interactions between Gabapentin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Gabapentin and Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuropathy peripheral. Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gabapentin is used in:
- Paxil is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
- Hi, my name is Sabrina. I am 41 years old. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago when my surgeon diagnosed me with possible adenomiosis. While inside she chose to remove a mass (scar tissue) from my abdominal area right above my pubic bone. She says it was from a past C-section. She said after ...
- Burning Sensation halfway around my ches, just below my breast on the right side of my body. Feels not quite as painful as Shingles with no external or visible signs. My doctors can't tell me with any degree of certainty what the problem is, but keep me on these ineffective pain meds. ...
- I feel nauseated and having diarrhea and head aches behind my eyes mostly but some in the back of the head also
- I recently started gabapentin for nerve pain and fibromyalgia however have been taking plaquinel for years for arthritis. My question is, do I really need both? I have researched and found gabapentin can be used for many conditions including arthritis. I also know you don't have to ween off of ...
User reviews to the study
- I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
- I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
- Very interested in learning about the side affects that others taking these medications are experiencing.
- I have been talking Gabapentine for four months, the hair loss was rapid, I have lost nearly all of my hair now.
- My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...