Gleevec and Vitamin b12 drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Gleevec and Vitamin b12 together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Gleevec and Vitamin b12. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 94 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 18, 2017
94 people who take Gleevec, Vitamin b12 are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Gleevec and Vitamin b12?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGleevec and Vitamin b12 from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 26,410 users)
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 34,779 users)
Interactions between Gleevec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Vitamin b12 and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Gleevec and Vitamin b12a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) is often used to treat chronic myeloid leukaemia. Vitamin b12 (cobalamin) is often used to treat vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gleevec is used in:
- Vitamin b12 is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
- Hi ! I am new to this site. I use to follow CML talk - but think that is gone now. Question : I have been on Gleevec - CML diagnosed in 2007. I have been very fortunate, to be None Detected in PCR test since 2008 Being 63 yrs old now - I am 9 yrs on Gleevec 400mgs daily . I have ...
- My doctor says I need to take B12. I am Homozygous for the MTHFR gene. My doctor says I need to take B12 for Methylation process. I have tried to take tiny doses of it but when I do I feel my heart rate increase and I feel like I may pass out. This happens with a small does like maybe 50mcg. ...
- eye twitch 24/7 for months
- In taking all these vitamins and the oxybutnin, and me being a paraphegic will this in any way benefit me or hinder me...meaning is their any side effects these vitamins have on me.
User reviews to the study
- Just filled Xifaxan i have been on gleevec 12 years woried I hace alot of bad bacteria in my stomach they done a hydrogen air test where i had to send in 12 breath tubes. It came back positive for bad bacteria .does anyone else have this I have had bloating over a year . But i dont have IBS-D ...
- hello, I am 61 years young, I have pretty high triglicerides, more than 400 , incredible. I was ordered to take a B12 vitamin test, and it came out FOUR times the maximum highest level !~! 4 years ago my triglicerides where high 150 but now 400 incredible. my good cholesterol is 16 !!! crazy ...
- I live in Australia and looking for a multivitamin that does not interact with Glivec. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- My husband is the one who is taking Vit. B12 shots. I made his doctor stop giving my husband this shot because of all the anger , personality change, hatred he starting having with my three children and then it came to me and he could not stop himself from the hatred he felt for me. That was ...
- Hi I have just had my second zoladex implant, I have been put on a 6 month course to treat endometriosis, the side effects have been awful, but so was the Endo pain before, so I've decided to go with it, in the hope it will sort out the Endo. I have been getting really bad headaches lasting ...