Glucotrol and Actos drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Glucotrol and Actos together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Glucotrol and Actos. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,434 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
2,434 people who take Glucotrol, Actos are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Glucotrol and Actos?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlucotrol and Actos from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glucotrol has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucotrol 18,706 users)
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Actos 43,794 users)
Interactions between Glucotrol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Actos and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Glucotrol and Actosa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Glucotrol (glipizide) is often used to treat diabetes. Actos (pioglitazone hydrochloride) is often used to treat type 2 diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Glucotrol is used in:
- Actos is used in:
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
- Am having radical prostatectomy Aug. 5, due to T1c tumor -- 30% of core F (2.5% of total), Glisan score 6 (3+3). I think the cancer may have been caused by my long-term use of pioglitazone to control chronic episodic hypoglycemia (Somogyi episides).
- I have been taking generic Actos (30MG) for about 6 weeks and I am having problems with the digestive track. Not exactly sure if it is the meds.
- Long time Actos user. Right Kidney removed in May, 2014. Local lawyer told me I had no recourse. Is there any legal activity going on regarding Actos and Kidney Cancer.
- I took Actos when I was first diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. 12 years later, I had a cancerous kidney removed. I am going to be in huge debt from this surgery and I am hopeful there will be some sort of settlement coming down the road.
- Taking actos (15 mg, metformin 500mg twice day, losartan, atenolol, benfiber twice a day have diaharra 4 to 5 times, had 1 in 1/2 week ago had uti wth 2 ecoli so not sure if that's it, no gallbladder star