Green tea and Metformin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Green tea and Metformin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Green tea and Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
10 people who take Green tea, Metformin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Green tea and Metformin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGreen tea and Metformin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Green tea has active ingredients of green tea. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Green tea 315 users)
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,744 users)
Interactions between Green tea and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Green tea and Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Green tea (green tea) is often used to treat weight loss. Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Green tea is used in:
- Metformin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- How does the reaction differ when metformin is used to treat polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
- My naturopath says berberine mimics Metformin. I am currently in drug trial using Herceptin in low expressing HER2. I wonder if taking berberine would disqualify me from the trial. Any ideas?
User reviews to the study
- hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...
- Combination working for you? Had good results with Garcinia and went off it when I started taking Metformin. What to try again.. good move or not?
- I am losing my toes one at at a time. wondering if it is because of the use of metformin and glipizide.I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
- My lab work recently indicated that my carbon dioxide level is 32. I am diabetic (since 2006) and taking 500 milligrams of metformin daily.
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...