Guaifenesin and Ibuprofen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Guaifenesin and Ibuprofen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Guaifenesin and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 451 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 09, 2017
451 people who take Guaifenesin, Ibuprofen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Guaifenesin and Ibuprofen?
Guaifenesin has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Guaifenesin 5,735 users)
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,681 users)
Interactions between Guaifenesin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Guaifenesin and Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Guaifenesin (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Guaifenesin is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- On ativan for 16 years now and have been trying and trying to get off. I know things that you have to get to be able to get on guaifenesin and have it work properly, but when it does can it be a replacement for Ativan? I have severe and and it's not caused by stress caused buy something I can't ...
- I am on ativan right now and has been on it for years.. I've tried other things that the doctors give the but nothing ever seems to take away my panic and shaking. I heard that it can take up to a year to actually get off of it especially for how long I've been on has anyone ever been in this ...
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
- After a few weeks of Ibuprofen for foot pain, I developed hot spots, soreness and pain in lower legs with fever. By the time I saw the doctor, symptoms had improved and tests did not indicate blood clots but all symptoms pointed to that.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have severed swollen upper eyelids worse in the morning. Anyone feel ibuprofen could be responsible?
- I have been taking Brufen for the last 2 month and have had some loss of taste for the last 4 weeks, (dose 1600mg day) I just wonder if this is to blame Ibuprofen for ?
- Had acute pancreatitis recently and severe abdominal pain. My enzyme levels were very high I was admitted to hospital and put on a drip and scanned by ultrasound and CT. Nothing untoward was found and after being on a drip I was allowed home. Three months prior to this I had pain in my gall ...
- I need to take Guaifenasin for bronchitis since it is the one I can tolerate well. I am also really suffering from a lot of anxiety and PTSD. I need a support group and I need sleep so badly. Jeannie
- It's 4;06 am I'm scared to go back to sleep but exhausted. The nightmares are beyond bizarre. Surely I am a very distorted or creative individual to manufacturer such horrendous absurdity. Or I suppose my choice of television shows must change. I was taking ibuprofen for sinus cold and hurt my ...