Hydrea and Gleevec drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Hydrea and Gleevec together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Hydrea and Gleevec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 310 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 06, 2017
310 people who take Hydrea, Gleevec are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Hydrea and Gleevec?
Hydrea has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera. (latest outcomes from Hydrea 4,563 users)
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). (latest outcomes from Gleevec 25,946 users)
Interactions between Hydrea and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Gleevec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Hydrea and Gleeveca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Hydrea (hydroxyurea) is often used to treat chronic myeloid leukaemia. Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) is often used to treat chronic myeloid leukaemia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Hydrea is used in:
- Gleevec is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Heavy legs, numb feet, better in AM and worsens during day and abates a bit in the evening. Was taking 500 mg daily, now 3x weakly, but tapering off a bit now because Hb and WBC less than optimal at present. Symptoms abating slightly on lower dosage. Also severe cramps in AM.
- Hi ! I am new to this site. I use to follow CML talk - but think that is gone now. Question : I have been on Gleevec - CML diagnosed in 2007. I have been very fortunate, to be None Detected in PCR test since 2008 Being 63 yrs old now - I am 9 yrs on Gleevec 400mgs daily . I have ...
- does anyone else take both these medications?
- My creatine level fluctuates between 1.3 and 1.5 with spikes up to 1.8
- Hi all, My brother is taking Gleevec for CML treatment and when we observed his platelet count has increased to 735000 in last one month. Anyone else having this kind of issue Regards
You may be interested in these reviews
- Just filled Xifaxan i have been on gleevec 12 years woried I hace alot of bad bacteria in my stomach they done a hydrogen air test where i had to send in 12 breath tubes. It came back positive for bad bacteria .does anyone else have this I have had bloating over a year . But i dont have IBS-D ...
- I statrted cbd .in hopes to not have to take hydrea anymore I have high platlets and have webt down with hydrea but do not want to take thus ned no more!!
- I live in Australia and looking for a multivitamin that does not interact with Glivec. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- taking 500 mg a day if Hydroxyurea for high platelet count. Platelet count now normal but I put on 25 lbs in 5 months. Anyone having similar problems?
- 66 yo female on Gleevec 400 mg 10 years for treatment of GIST and just found out my pancreas enzymes are elevated, maybe chronic pancreatitis. Any comments?