Ibuprofen and Topamax drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ibuprofen and Topamax together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ibuprofen and Topamax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,172 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,172 people who take Ibuprofen, Topamax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Ibuprofen and Topamax?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIbuprofen and Topamax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,276 users)
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 38,803 users)
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Topamax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ibuprofen and Topamaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Topamax (topiramate) is often used to treat migraine. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
- Topamax is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Anyone else get nauseous and vomit taking the combinations of the two meds? I take 4mg of Requip and 50mg of Topamax at night and 50 in the morning. I've cut out all gluten and dairy trying to make sure it's not food causing me to get sick. But it's usually about 30 min or less after I take my ...
- Hello, I'm interested from hearing from anyone about their experience with decreased muscle tone while using Topamax. I am most curious if anyone has experienced decreased muscle tone during Topamax use and had some recovery of muscle tone after stopping the medication?
- I have had headaches, which drs have thought were migraines, since age 14-15 and I'm 50 now. Although there have been stages of relief, they have only gotten worse of the course of my lifetime. Since the 90s when Imitrex cam out I have had quite a bit of success with relief from each headache ...
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
- I was put on topamax to replace a drug that was causing side effects. The first time i took it after about an hour i was having to work at swallowing it took me five or six tries to be able to swallow. Is this a suspect in this problem i'm having?
User reviews to the study
- celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...
- Hi! I am a 68 year old male. I suffered a DVT and a PE back in December. I was put on Coumadin for three months, and then switched to Eliquis. I am tolerating it well. I suffer from time to time with muscle and joint pains. The only thing that seems to help is Ibuprofin. Some of these pains are ...
- Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...
- After research I have started taking L-glutione and I still take ibuprofen as well.becaise I have AS. Just interested if this has goes anyone to the point of not having to take the ibuprophen any longer.
- HI I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome for one year. I am trying to find the cause and the possibility of it ending...I took Ibuprofren for at least a month while I was having dental work, I had a rough root canal and a tooth pulled...after the root canal I started taking ...