Imitrex and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imitrex and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imitrex and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
45 people who take Imitrex, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Imitrex and Mucinex?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImitrex and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Imitrex has active ingredients of sumatriptan. It is often used in migraine with aura. (latest outcomes from Imitrex 4,119 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,076 users)
Interactions between Imitrex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imitrex and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imitrex (sumatriptan) is often used to treat migraine. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imitrex is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take sumatriptan as needed for migraine. It works great however, I am a singer and it makes my voice weak and hoarse. Is there something else I could take for migraine relief that wouldn't affect my voice ?
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- I have had headaches, which drs have thought were migraines, since age 14-15 and I'm 50 now. Although there have been stages of relief, they have only gotten worse of the course of my lifetime. Since the 90s when Imitrex cam out I have had quite a bit of success with relief from each headache ...
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
- I have been taking 2 Excedrin before bed and 2 in the morning every day of my life since 1986. I decided it's been hurting my stomach since it feels nauseated sometimes or cramping. I took only one yestarday morning and had a bad headache all dayat work. Took only one this morning, too, and ...
User reviews to the study
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- I've been diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. I've experienced severe stomach pains for years after imitrex injections and tried to tell my Dr.s. they say no. Now after searching. I think I found it. I had extreme pain after a migraine and went to hospital for it and they still dismiss the ...
- My ast and alt have been almost doubling every time my blood work is done, since iv been taking imitrix injections
- I had very high liver enzymes on a recent physical and the only OTC I have been taking is Mucinex for allergies.
- I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...