Imodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloride drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloride together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
8 people who take Imodium, Dicyclomine hydrochloride are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Imodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloride?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 19,425 users)
Dicyclomine hydrochloride has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Dicyclomine hydrochloride 827 users)
Interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Dicyclomine hydrochloride and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imodium and Dicyclomine hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Dicyclomine hydrochloride (dicyclomine hydrochloride) is often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imodium is used in:
- Dicyclomine hydrochloride is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis age 9 in 2007 and was diagnosed with pcos in 2015 at age 17.
- Is anyone else here a longtime opiate addict who is now abusing large doses of Loperamide / immodium to avoid withdrawals? Ive completely lost control- am taking so much im having noticeable side effects- am seeking anyone else in similar situation.
- I HAD A STROKE (BRAIN BLEED) 12 1/2 YRS AGO, AND JUST HAD A CRANIOTOMY AND REMOVAL OF AN ANEURISM THIS PAST MAY. I HAD A SEIZURE DUE TO FLUID ON THE BRAIN BECAUSE OF THE SURGERY AND MY RIGHT SIDE WAS AGAIN AFFECTED.STARTING TO JUGGLE DRUGS AROUND WITH MY NEUROLOGIST'S OK, I HAVE BEEN INCREASED ...
- I AM STILL VERY WEAK SHAKY LEGS AND NOT STEADY ON MY FEET FEEL LOUSY NEVER HAD ANY HEART TROUBLE BEFORE THAT ONE 10 MG PILL OF DICYCLOMINE ALSO 2 YEAR BREAST CANCER MASTECOMY.
User reviews to the study
- Hey guys I have started taking loperamide 2 mg daily with colazal 6 pills a day for maintaining crohn's.
- I have H pylori and an ulcer. Treatment recommended protonix and Pylera. I've read not to take Imodium with these medicines. I have to take Imodium 3 times per week. Any advice?
- Hey my name is Kimberly Ray and I've recently found out that I have ulcerative colitis disease ! For the past 7 months I've been trying to find out what triggers these episode what and what not to eat😞
- I have been using an anti-diarrhel for years and have recently had a spike in my potassium. Have any of you experienced the same? I have also heard theses effects can be age related and I am over 55.
- After takibg modem in high doses for approximately 6 months for microscopic colitis, as recommended by my gastro Dr, I experienced significant depersonalization which was very disturbibg to me. My longtime psychiatrist who treats me for a mood disorder determined that this depersonalization ...