Imodium and Megace es drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium and Megace es together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium and Megace es. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 18, 2017
18 people who take Imodium, Megace es are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imodium and Megace es?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 18,808 users)
Megace es has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. (latest outcomes from Megace es 412 users)
Interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Megace es and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imodium and Megace esa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Megace es (megestrol acetate) is often used to treat appetite - decreased. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- Is anyone else here a longtime opiate addict who is now abusing large doses of Loperamide / immodium to avoid withdrawals? Ive completely lost control- am taking so much im having noticeable side effects- am seeking anyone else in similar situation.
- Has anyone developed Long QT after taking Imodium for an extended period of time, not in mega doses, but a little more than recommended? And after quitting, did the LQTS improve?
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hey guys I have started taking loperamide 2 mg daily with colazal 6 pills a day for maintaining crohn's.
- I have H pylori and an ulcer. Treatment recommended protonix and Pylera. I've read not to take Imodium with these medicines. I have to take Imodium 3 times per week. Any advice?
- I have been using an anti-diarrhel for years and have recently had a spike in my potassium. Have any of you experienced the same? I have also heard theses effects can be age related and I am over 55.
- After takibg modem in high doses for approximately 6 months for microscopic colitis, as recommended by my gastro Dr, I experienced significant depersonalization which was very disturbibg to me. My longtime psychiatrist who treats me for a mood disorder determined that this depersonalization ...
- Hi. I've battled opiate addiction for many years (I'm 67), from codeine to methadone to suboxone. Now I am thinking about trying Vivitrol, but knowing me, I don't believe I could make it for 7-10 days clean before getting the injection. I sometimes take loperamide (Immodium) if I can't ...