Imodium and Probiotic drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium and Probiotic together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium and Probiotic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 197 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 03, 2017
197 people who take Imodium, Probiotic are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imodium and Probiotic?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 18,808 users)
Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotic 7,532 users)
Interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Probiotic and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imodium and Probiotica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Probiotic (bacillus coagulans) is often used to treat supplementation therapy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imodium is used in:
- Probiotic is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have been using a good probiotic with digestive enzymes to help me with digestion and gas which seem to work fine- but now have terrible tinnitus in one ear- I also take a low dose anti depressive to sleep better called Seroquel- weening off that drug but tinnitus still bad- I guess I will ...
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- Question from dentist, Steven Edwards, DDS: If you have Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ), do you think your probiotic use caused the ONJ? Or do you find that probiotic use helps to manage your ONJ? Thanks, Dr. E.
- Is anyone else here a longtime opiate addict who is now abusing large doses of Loperamide / immodium to avoid withdrawals? Ive completely lost control- am taking so much im having noticeable side effects- am seeking anyone else in similar situation.
- Hello, I was diagnosed with hyperkalemia, and have started a round of antibiotics to treat an abscess tooth. In the past i have taken a probiotic with my antibiotic but am hesitant in doing so as I am not sure if it would spike my hyperkalemia.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am trying to decide to keep taking or not, taking the full recommend dose of Pro-15 causes seizures, so I stopped for two weeks, and going to try half the amount, only one pill in the evening with a meal.
- Hey guys I have started taking loperamide 2 mg daily with colazal 6 pills a day for maintaining crohn's.
- I have H pylori and an ulcer. Treatment recommended protonix and Pylera. I've read not to take Imodium with these medicines. I have to take Imodium 3 times per week. Any advice?
- I have been using an anti-diarrhel for years and have recently had a spike in my potassium. Have any of you experienced the same? I have also heard theses effects can be age related and I am over 55.
- After takibg modem in high doses for approximately 6 months for microscopic colitis, as recommended by my gastro Dr, I experienced significant depersonalization which was very disturbibg to me. My longtime psychiatrist who treats me for a mood disorder determined that this depersonalization ...