Imodium and Promethazine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium and Promethazine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium and Promethazine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 127 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 17, 2017
127 people who take Imodium, Promethazine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imodium and Promethazine?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 18,808 users)
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Promethazine 9,310 users)
Interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Promethazine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imodium and Promethazinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Promethazine (promethazine hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imodium is used in:
- Promethazine is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
- Is anyone else here a longtime opiate addict who is now abusing large doses of Loperamide / immodium to avoid withdrawals? Ive completely lost control- am taking so much im having noticeable side effects- am seeking anyone else in similar situation.
- Has anyone developed Long QT after taking Imodium for an extended period of time, not in mega doses, but a little more than recommended? And after quitting, did the LQTS improve?
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hey guys I have started taking loperamide 2 mg daily with colazal 6 pills a day for maintaining crohn's.
- I have H pylori and an ulcer. Treatment recommended protonix and Pylera. I've read not to take Imodium with these medicines. I have to take Imodium 3 times per week. Any advice?
- Hi. Was on Amitriptyline for years and gain lots of weight. As replacement doctor prescribed Promethazine as medicine without weight gain side effect. Any body knows is it for better or for worse? Thank you for sharing your opinion With kind regards Casandra
- Someone very close to me is in the final stages of stage four prostate cancer and was recently switched from Zofran to the topical form of promethazine. Since I am the primary caregiver, I have noticed that each time he falls asleep since starting the promethazine his hands are constantly moving ...
- I have been using an anti-diarrhel for years and have recently had a spike in my potassium. Have any of you experienced the same? I have also heard theses effects can be age related and I am over 55.