Imuran and Enbrel drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imuran and Enbrel together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imuran and Enbrel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 667 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
667 people who take Imuran, Enbrel are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imuran and Enbrel?
Imuran has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Imuran 16,507 users)
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Enbrel 409,777 users)
Interactions between Imuran and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Enbrel and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imuran and Enbrela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imuran (azathioprine) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Enbrel (etanercept) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imuran is used in:
- Enbrel is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I Have abnormal PSA levels and I take Enbrel and Methotrexate for my Rheumatoid arthritis. Should I be concerned that these drugs have caused this problem. Thank You, Joe.
- I just started on Enbrel and was wondering it it helps to stave off PBC.
- Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- Can anyone tell me what to do to releive the pain. My lips are peeling and swollen and feel like they are being stung by bees.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am on Immuran now....been taking 50mg x 4 xday for past year. My Rheumatologist just prescribed Xeljanz XR 11mgs. He would like me to stay on Immuran also but drop down to two pills a day. I am nervous about staying on Immuran because I read on Xeljanz site not to take these meds together. ...
- Hello Everyone! I just started Enbrel 8 weeks ago and am experiencing many side effects and just want to feel comfortable discussing them with others who understand. Thank you!
- I take Enbrel, Mthotrexate and Prednisone and have just this afternoon been diagnosed with lymphona. Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. A biopsy is scheduled for Monday, May 15 and will have the results by Wednesday May 16.
- I have developed dropfoot 3 months after taking embry It has been almost a year since the dropfoot happened Hoping it is not perminate
- I have been on enbrel for nearly a year and have developed terrible tendonitis of my elbows, knees and Achilles. I've had RA for twenty years, which seems to be controlled by enbrel. My Rheumatologist said the tendonitis it's not from the drug but I'm unsure? Has anyone else had a similar ...