Imuran and Milk thistle drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Imuran and Milk thistle together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imuran and Milk thistle. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 17, 2017
9 people who take Imuran, Milk thistle are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imuran and Milk thistle?
Imuran has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Imuran 16,507 users)
Milk thistle has active ingredients of milk thistle. It is often used in fatty liver. (latest outcomes from Milk thistle 1,775 users)
Interactions between Imuran and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Milk thistle and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Imuran and Milk thistlea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Imuran (azathioprine) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Milk thistle (milk thistle) is often used to treat liver disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imuran is used in:
- Milk thistle is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- I took Imuran for 16 years for Ulcerative Colitis and now have been diagnosed with Klebsiella Pneumoniae. The imuran was a contributing factor to a squamous cell type rectal cancer I was also recently diagnosed with. Can the imuran also be a contributing factor in the Klebsiella Pneumoniae?
- i am posting this for a friend who has been prescribed Livalo. It is not covered by her insurance. Is there some advantage to using Livalo instead of Lipitor?
- I have been experiencing pruritus for 8+ years. This started a few months after I was diagnoses with psoriatic arthritis. I feel like my skin is crawling and I want to jump out of it. It is quite disruptive to my personal and work life. Prednisone and antihistamines do not help. Any ...
- I've been on Imuran for my Crohns Disease for over 20.years, I have AVN in both hips (5 hip replacements) I had the Depuy Metal on Metal Pinnacle Cup components. Got Melatosis and had revisions done on both hips, replaced with ceramic femoral heads and plastic lining in the cup. My left hip ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am on Immuran now....been taking 50mg x 4 xday for past year. My Rheumatologist just prescribed Xeljanz XR 11mgs. He would like me to stay on Immuran also but drop down to two pills a day. I am nervous about staying on Immuran because I read on Xeljanz site not to take these meds together. ...
- Just started Xeloda one week ago. Can I continue taking milk thistle? (have metastatic breast cancer with extensive tumours in liver)
- I have been taking sertraline In all for about 4 years I stopped for a few months and went back to square one with anxiety attacks so been taking them from then on I want to start taking milk thissel which I took one yesterday am am not sure if it was just coincidence but felt very anxious today ...
- I have been taking azathioprine (imuran) for 7 months. During this time i have gained almost 2 stones. It has to be i think the medication, as my eating is always pretty much the same. I have tried recently to lose some, as i have now very few clothes that fit. It however seems to not make any ...
- I'm on Imuran for 1 month and i start sweating and feling too hot but my temperature is normal, anyone feeling the same. is it going to pass.