Lamictal and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lamictal and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamictal and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 162 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 13, 2017
162 people who take Lamictal, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lamictal and Mucinex?
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 54,895 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 11,133 users)
Interactions between Lamictal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lamictal and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
- Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
- Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hello everyone. I'm desperate to find a doctor who really understands lamictal rash in CO preferably. I was diagnosed by my neurologist this week but have been suffering and home bound since Halloween. 4 dermatologist and a hospital that diagnosed me with all kinds of crazy stuff that wasn't ...
- Nasal drip is awful. I can't clear my throat. I am not sure if I can use mucinex while I use Suboxone.
- I take 40mg.strattera &150mg.twice a day.I get so nauseous for about 2 hours after I take in morning.Does this ever go away in future? They work for me so well,I would hate to stop taking them.But the nauseous is so bad.
- My 26-year-old daughter took Lamictal and died while jogging. She went into cardiac arrest. She had a clean autopsy and was sighted with artheoscosis (sp) We will always be suspicious of this drug for being the culprit.
- Hello group! I am new to this med combo, I took Concerta from 1st grade until 12th grade, I am now 28 and back on it. I have been on Lamictal before and have been back on it for about 4 months.. this is my first time taking them together.