Lamictal and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lamictal and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamictal and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 13, 2017
102 people who take Lamictal, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lamictal and Mucinex?
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 57,342 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 12,641 users)
Interactions between Lamictal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lamictal and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Looks like there is already a similar group. Did you send me email about my entry? Also I joined just before my comment. Suzanne Spears
- Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
- Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
You may be interested in these reviews
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- Hi. I'm 83 years old. have been taking Lamictal (250 mg/day) for about 6-7 years for peripheral neuropathy, both feet. Effectiveness is now minimal. Neurologist suggests I start taking Lyrica. He says I can wait 3 weeks (when I see him again) before titrating the lamictal down. anyone done ...
- I've taken Lamictal/Lamitragine for about 15 years. I've had chronic fatigue syndrome for 4+ years. I have no idea if they're related.
- I am on lamictal 100 mg for bipolar. My appetite has increased and I've gained 7 pounds. I recently started taking adipex. When I mentioned this to my physiatrist she immediately told me to stop cause it would counteract with each other. Is anyone taking lamictal and adipex and if so, how's it ...
- I have been taking Lamotrogine for many years now, along with Epilim Chrono, but have only recently developed a very intense feeling of thanatophobia. It seems counterintuitive, but it has become so bad that I have had suicidal thoughts, purely so that I don't have to live in a state of ...