Lamictal and Quinine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lamictal and Quinine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamictal and Quinine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 54,860 users)
Quinine has active ingredients of cinchona. It is often used in leg pain. (latest outcomes from Quinine 2,220 users)
On Feb, 13, 2017
15 people who take Lamictal, Quinine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
- drug abuse
- drug abuse
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
- drug abuse
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- drug abuse
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lamictal and Quinine?
Interactions between Lamictal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Quinine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Quinine (cinchona) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Quinine is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
- Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
- Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
- My son takes 100 mg of lamictal at night... does this have an effect on your thyroid.. He had a blood work up and they thyroid came up hyperthryroid
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been on Lamictal for 7 months. I am experiencing what I believe to be Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome. No energy, little irritable and tired all the time. Total lack of enthusiasm for life, in general. Plus I live in Portland OR and am also feeling effects from the horrible winter we are having. ...
- I was prescribed lamotrigine for bipolar disorder, additionally I am having narcolepsy. the dosage started from 150 mg per day as 50mg - 0 - 100mg & now it is increased to 400 mg per day as 200mg - 0 - 200 mg my scalp was clear before but since I stepped up on lamotrigine I am having ...
- I am new to the group and new to Lamictal, having taking it for approximately one month. My severe migraines have lessened, but, I'm still having depression. I am taking an antidepressant, as well. Could Lamitical be worsening my depression? My family life is a mess, but, I have chemical ...
- What are your experiences. Currently take 425mg lamotioned a day. Memory problem from lamotrigne. Would taurine help
- I'm new to this group. I've been on Lamictal for 13 years because of epylepsy. During mid December I started having tingling and then eventually sweating and weard changing body temperature. These symptoms seem to randomly come and go mianly just throughout the day. Me and my parents decided I ...