Lamotrigine and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lamotrigine and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamotrigine and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 112 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 11, 2017
112 people who take Lamotrigine, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lamotrigine and Benadryl?
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamotrigine 29,794 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 47,702 users)
Interactions between Lamotrigine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lamotrigine and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamotrigine is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
- The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
- Has anyone experienced hair loss from taking Lamotrigine?
- Basically I am wanting to know if my suspicions are correct. Does Lamotrigine affect your brain and give one symptoms of dementia? If that is true then I can reverse those symptoms of dementia by not taking the drug lamotrigine. Also the other brain foods which help the brain will reverse ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I take epilepsy medicine, lamotrigine 100mg twice daily. I don't sleep and have had problems in the past where I've been prescribed zopiclone and diazepam. Can xanax be taken with the medication I'm on? I don't know where to turn for help? Any advice would be so appreciated.
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- I have been taking lamicta for three years. I started noticing dark spot on both side of my cheeks. I thought it was sun damage until I went to a dermatologist and she told me that is actually Melasma. I got my thyroids check and came back negative. I am not on birth control pills and no ...
- I have stopped taking Lamotrigine for the past two years but I feel it has left lasting damage as I frequently lose balance, and still have strange headaches.
- My daughter is 19 and has been in lamotrigine for a couple of years. She very much needs the medication but she has tried everything to lose weight. She has gained about 13 pounds in the medication - we think. She struggles to lose it. However, even when she does lose some weight her face ...