Lamotrigine and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lamotrigine and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamotrigine and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 113 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
113 people who take Lamotrigine, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lamotrigine and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLamotrigine and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lamotrigine has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamotrigine 30,881 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,081 users)
Interactions between Lamotrigine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lamotrigine and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamotrigine is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
- will there be an adverse affect of giving an agitated pt. Ritalin and Benadryl together
- I am currently taking Lamotrigine extended release for seizures. I recently moved to Florida and am experiencing a problem with humidity. I get to the point where I can barely walk and need assistance to sit. Is this normal?
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
User reviews to the study
- Just had my first "episode" of sleep paralysis on this medication and I've only been on for less then a week I wasn't sure what was causing it cause my doctor had me on two new medications but I look this up to see if this med could cause it. In a way I was little relieved to see I wasn't crazy ...
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- I take epilepsy medicine, lamotrigine 100mg twice daily. I don't sleep and have had problems in the past where I've been prescribed zopiclone and diazepam. Can xanax be taken with the medication I'm on? I don't know where to turn for help? Any advice would be so appreciated.
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- I have been taking lamicta for three years. I started noticing dark spot on both side of my cheeks. I thought it was sun damage until I went to a dermatologist and she told me that is actually Melasma. I got my thyroids check and came back negative. I am not on birth control pills and no ...